Mobile is among the three America’s leading wireless providers. This carrier delivers an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network offering reliable connectivity for all. However, customers benefit from T-Mobile’s affordable connectivity programs and innovation in wireless and beyond. This company base is in Bellevue, Wash., and provides services through its subsidiaries and its flagship brands such as T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile.
Moreover, the improvement of its 4G LTE coverage in recent years, and the broadest 5G signals of this provider, make customers switch to T-Mobile. Besides, if you switch, you will enjoy Federal Government discounts like the Affordable connectivity program and other T-Mobile deals for current customers. If you enroll in a T-Mobile plan and phone, but you’re not satisfied with the network, you can return your mobile device within 30 days for a full refund.
Most importantly, T-Mobile participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) that replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB Program). The ACP program helps low-income families pay for internet service and connected devices. If your household qualifies, you can get up to a $30/month discount on your internet service and up to a $75/month discount on qualifying Tribal lands residents. Interestingly, a one-time discount of up to $100 for a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer applies.
About The Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is the latest FCC benefit program that replaces the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit. The ACP initiative ensures that households afford the broadband they require for school, work, healthcare, and more.
However, the benefit offers a discount of up to $30 monthly toward internet service for qualified households and $75 monthly for households living on qualifying Tribal lands. Additionally, the eligible households can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet from participating providers if they co-share more than $10 and up to $50 toward the device price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program applies to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. You must enroll in the ACP through a participating provider that offers device discounts to get the said device discount. Notably, not all internet providers offer device discounts; hence confirm with your provider of choice before applying.
T-Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program Eligibility
1) Based on Your Income
A household qualifies for the Affordable Connectivity Program through an income level at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. However, the guideline depends on your household size and state. You may have to confirm proof of income, such as a tax return or three consecutive pays stubs when applying for ACP.
2) Upon Participation in Certain Government Assistance Programs Such As SNAP, Medicaid, WIC
Similarly, to the T-Mobile free government phone, you can receive ACP if you (or a member in your household) enroll in one of these programs:
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for (WIC) Women, Infants, and Children
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
- Acquired a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Most importantly, you may have to show a card, letter, or official document to prove that you are a part of the above programs when applying for the ACP.
3) Tribal Assistance Programs
If you reside on qualifying Tribal lands, you can receive ACP benefits if your household income is equal to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if you (or a member in your household) participate in:
- Any of the federal programs listed above
- Tribal TANF or Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start
Notably, you may have to produce proof of participation, including a benefits letter or official document, when applying for ACP. Learn more about the free phone when you switch to T-Mobile.
4) If You Already Receive a Lifeline Benefit
Lifeline is a Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes communications services for low-income consumers. If you currently get a Lifeline benefit, you automatically qualify for T-Mobile ACP, and you can apply for both benefits simultaneously.
5) Qualify Through Your Child or Dependent
Any household member can make your family eligible if they participate in the aforementioned programs. For instance, if your child or dependent takes part in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or participates in a USDA Community Eligibility Provision school, your household is eligible for the ACP benefit.
Application For T-Mobile ACP With The National Verifier
- Proceed to ACP benefit and tap on “Apply Now.”
- Enter name.
- Enter date of birth.
- Submit your Social Security Number’s last four digits. Notably, you do not require an SNN to apply. Instead, you may use a passport driver’s license, military or state ID, or taxpayer ID number.
- Enter “0000” to represent the last four digits of the Social Security Number (SSN) when using an alternate ID. You will have to upload a copy of the alternate ID.
- Input your home address. If you are homeless, you can enter the address of a support organization as your address.
- If you qualify under a dependent child, input your child’s information.
- You will get asked to set up an account by selecting a user name and password. You must input an email address.
- Tick the box that you are not a robot.
- Tap Submit.
- Proceed to the Affordable Connectivity Program and tap “get started.”
- Choose the program you enrolled in or the condition making you qualify for ACP (You may select more than one).
- Review your name, date of birth, SSN, and address, and make corrections if necessary.
- Confirm your address and location on a map.
- Confirm your household information.
- Key your initials into boxes to confirm you agree with the ACP eligibility conditions.
Benefits Of T-Mobile ACP
T-Mobile focuses on bringing the power of the internet to any deserving person across America and rewards its customers with T-Mobile deals for existing customers. With the monthly ACP benefit forwarded to your account, you receive:
- FREE unlimited texting and calling, plus FREE 5GB of high-speed smartphone data
- For $10 per month
- You will receive unlimited talk and text with 10gb of high-speed smartphone data
- Or receive unlimited text talk and high-speed smartphone data upon activating through Walmart or switch to metro by T-Mobile.
- For $20 per month
- You will receive unlimited text, talk, and high-speed smartphone data
- 5gb of high-speed hotspot data
- 100gb of google one cloud storage.
- For $30 per month
- You will receive metro by T-Mobile’s top plan featuring unlimited text, talk, and high-speed smartphone data
- 15gb of high-speed hotspot data
- 100gb google one cloud storage and an amazon prime subscription ($12.99 per month value).
- Or current metro by T-Mobile customers can apply the acp $30 monthly benefit to their current wireless plan with data.
Things To Consider Before You Switch to T-Mobile
You’ll require a few pieces of information before you start the process of switching to T-Mobile.
Ensure You Have:
- An unlocked cell phone to switch from one network to another.
- Your current wireless account information includes.
- PIN or passcode.
- Account number.
- Billing information.
- Your cell phone’s IMEI number.
This particular ID lets you check your current phone’s compatibility with T-Mobile’s network. You can check it in your phone’s settings or by dialing *#06#.
Additionally, you can finish the process of your switch to T-Mobile online before proceeding into a retail location to find a store representative to complete the process for you. Read more on the free phone when you switch from your existing wireless carrier to a new provider of your choice.
T-Mobile is one of the major US carriers taking part in the Affordable Connectivity Program. This carrier offers benefits to qualifying customers based on the criteria discussed above, with monthly discounts on data plans.
Besides, you can get a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer under ACP T-Mobile if you contribute from $10 to $50. To apply for this program under T-Mobile, you can do it online, through the mail, or contact T-Mobile for more information.