Xfinity is a brand of Comcast and provides a wide variety of services, including Xfinity affordable connectivity program, TV-only packages, and several bundling deals on TV and the Internet in 40 states. However, you can enjoy an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) through Xfinity. The main Xfinity deals apply to new subscribers, but existing customers can sometimes land on such deals by upgrading their service.
Moreover, Xfinity mobile deals for existing customers vary widely based on your location and package choice. Internet Essentials customers automatically qualify for the ACP benefit. Besides, if you’re not an Internet Essentials customer, you must first confirm your eligibility for the benefit through the National Verifier. All customers must then separately enroll with Xfinity at Xfinity website to get the benefits.
Most importantly, the Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Government temporary subsidy program designed that help low-income households access the Internet and remain connected during the pandemic. Since the launch of Internet Essentials in 2011, Xfinity has connected more than 10 million Americans to the Internet through the low-cost broadband adoption program for low-income households.
Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program Facilities
However, the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides qualified low-income households maximum credit of $30 monthly toward Internet service costs. Besides, the households living in tribal lands receive a maximum of $75 per month. Members in the program can apply for the ACP credit regarding the cost of participating plans from several Internet Service Providers, including the Xfinity Internet Essentials program.
This credit applies to all the company’s Xfinity Internet plans, in addition to mobile services. Additionally, households choosing plans total of $30 or less will essentially get their service for free. If you’re an Internet Essentials customer participating in the Xfinity EBB program, as of 12/29/21, you will continue to get your EBB credit until the end of February. As of 3/1/22, the existing Internet Essentials customers will shift to the ACP, provided you meet the new Affordable connectivity program’s eligibility requirements.
On the other hand, the Affordable Connectivity Program can apply to internet service, including leased equipment and the Xfinity mobile plan. Currently, this carrier is not applying it towards Prepaid Internet, but it’s hoping to add this in the future. Xfinity isn’t applying ACP on data overage charges, unlimited data, or any non-Internet Xfinity products or equipment, such as Xfinity Voice.
Eligibility Criteria For Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program
You are eligible for Xfinity ACP if your household attains the following:
- Achieve the eligibility criteria through a participating ISP’s existing low-income broadband adoption programs through the Xfinity Internet Essentials program.
- Possess an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participate in one of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Received a Federal Pell Grant (in the current award year)
- SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Free & Reduced-Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program; or
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- Participate in Tribal-specific assistance programs.
Documentation That Needs For Xfinity ACP
However, documentation is necessary when applying for the ACP or proof of participation in any of the listed programs. Prove on program participation include benefit verification letters, approval letters, or benefits statements.
- You can proceed to the National Verifier’s website for a menu of acceptable documentation.
- An official, valid document featuring your first name, last name, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN4) is required.
- An official, valid document bearing your first name, last name, and date of birth is necessary.
- You can also submit a copy of one or a combination of the following unexpired documents:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Permanent resident card
- Permanent resident alien card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- US government, military, state, or Tribal issued ID
- Recent state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Government assistance program document
- Military discharge documentation
- Weapons permit
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying program
- Unemployment/worker’s compensation statement of benefits
Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program Enrollment Process
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) helps income-deprived households connect to the Internet and mobile. Xfinity takes pride in supporting the Affordable Connectivity Program and has made it applicable for all tiers of Xfinity Internet service. Learn more on the cheapest Xfinity Cable and Internet Package through opening this link.
Besides, Xfinity makes it simple for both new and existing customers to apply.
- Qualify: All non-Internet Essentials Xfinity Internet subscribers must fill out an eligibility form through the Federal National Verifier.
- Connect: You can sign up for Internet services. If you’re already a customer, proceed to the next step.
- Access Your Bill Credit: Immediately you’ve filled out the eligibility form, proved that you’re qualified, and connected to Internet services, complete the application to enroll. You’ll get a status update within 48 hours of applying. Then, begin your ACP application.
Enrollment In Affordable Connectivity Program – The Procedure
To enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program, follow the steps in order as outlined below:
New Xfinity Internet Customers
- New Xfinity Internet subscribers should confirm eligibility through the National Verifier and, if qualified, sign up for Xfinity Internet services at Xfinity.
- Suppose the National Verifier qualifies you, and you’ve signed up for Xfinity Internet services. In that case, you’ll require to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program at xfinity.com/ACP using your Xfinity ID and complete the consent and application process.
- Ensure the information (name, address, and date of birth) provided on your National Verifier form corresponds to the information provided on your Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment form.
New Internet Essentials Customers
- New Internet Essentials subscribers should apply for Internet Essentials and activate the service.
- After activating your Internet Essentials service, you’ll require to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program at Xfinity ACP using your Xfinity ID. Then, fill out the consent and application process.
Existing Xfinity Internet and Internet Essentials Customers
- Existing Xfinity Internet subscribers will have to check eligibility through the National Verifier.
- If you’re eligible as per the National Verifier, you’ll require to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program at xfinity.com/ACP using your Xfinity ID and fill out the consent and application process.
- Ensure the information (name, address, and date of birth) provided on your National Verifier form rhymes with the information availed on your Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment form.
Does Xfinity Offer Internet and TV Service
Xfinity offers a good selection of Xfinity internet and cable deals, and you can mix and match the services how you want. This bundling makes it more convenient to access all your services in one package and save on your monthly cost.
However, Xfinity features multiple bundling deals and other promotional offers throughout the year. Combining more than one service, including TV, Internet, and the phone, is one of the economical ways to enjoy the most for your money. In some cases, Xfinity provides several bundles deals just for TV plus Internet, for the same price as TV-only.
However, various choice of services provides a large selection of plans to suit everyone. Ensure to enter your ZIP code in the company’s coverage checker to find out what packages are available in your area.
Xfinity is available in almost every state in the US. In some areas, it’s the only cable TV and internet service you can get. However, customers benefit from the Affordable connectivity program, the current and new with Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Internet Essentials, and Xfinity Mobile package.
Upon confirmed eligibility, you can benefit from a temporary monthly credit from Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program of up to $30 per month and up to $75 per month for qualified customers in Tribal lands. This credit is toward your Internet and Xfinity Mobile service immediately after completing the entire enrollment process.