Can you imagine life without a TV set and access to informative and entertaining channels. This is something most Americans can’t imagine their lives without anymore. Television may not be of existential significance; however, it surely helps us stay entertained, informed, and educated. Therefore, it is essential to enable every American to access these features. As TV deals and packages can be pretty costly, we appreciate companies like Comcast for providing Comcast low-income cable TV to those households who cannot spend much on cable TV.
For several years, Comcast has managed to build a broad customer base. It provides various services, including the Internet, Home Phone, and cable TV service. Additionally, Statistics show that the company provides cable TV services to more than ten million subscribers across the US. The company offers the cheapest Xfinity cable and internet packages, thus becoming the best TV provider in the United States.
This article will cover all the details of this affordable cable TV provider. By the end of the article, you will discover whether this is a choice you may want to consider and your next steps. In addition, we will inform you all about the qualifying requirements, how to apply, and any necessary details one requires to use Comcast low-income cable TV. Let’s do this.
Benefits Of Comcast Low-income Cable TV
It is essential to note that the most affordable choice is going for Comcast low-income cable TV and internet services at the same time. Here are primary benefits offered by Comcast low-income cable TV.
- The television signal is constant and reliable in every state
- The cable TV setup is straightforward to maintain and simple to install
- You can get cable TV and Internet at the same time
- Comcast’s TV equipment does not need too much technical knowledge from users
- Comcast makes a TV/Internet combo cheap and affordable to low-income households
- Comcast customer care timely helps you whenever you have any inquiry or complainant about cable TV services
Qualification For Comcast Low-income Cable TV
Unlike with the Comcast internet only for existing customers, where they offer a unique package known as “Internet Essentials” for low-income households, they do not offer anything of that sort for cable TV. However, you can go for Xfinity’s Internet Essentials and combine it with Comcast’s affordable cable TV deals to get internet access and TV shows at highly affordable prices.
Therefore, we will present you with Xfinity’s Internet Essentials qualifications in the article. Suppose you do not need Comcast internet and are only interested in Comcast Low Income Cable TV. In that case, there are no special deals, aside from their already affordable ones, which we will discuss in this article. The Internet Essential package costs $9.95 per month plus TAX, thus the most affordable internet deals on the market.
Ways To Qualify For Xfinity Internet Essential
To qualify for Xfinity’s Internet essential, you must participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a longer-term replacement for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). The program is designed to aid low-income households to connect to the Internet and stay connected.
With the program, you will receive up to $30 per month and $75 per month for Tribal lands credit to Internet service for the program period. You should expect the program to stay for several years so long as there is funding from the Federal government.
Xfinity Internet Essentials customers automatically qualify for the program but still enroll in ACP. If you are not an Xfinity Internet Essentials customer, you must confirm your eligibility through the National Verifier. To qualify, a member of your household needs to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Qualifies for the federal Lifeline program, which includes:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Tribal Programs for Residents for Qualifying Tribal Lands
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, like via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision
- Has an income level that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- You got a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Xfinity will have to share certain qualifying information about you with the Federal Government to confirm your eligibility for ACP.
Applications For Xfinity Internet Essentials
You can do the entire process through the four steps as outlined below:
i) Check your eligibility
Check the previous section to confirm and ensure that you meet the qualifying requirements.
ii) Fill out and submit your application online
After checking your eligibility, sign up and get connected to the Xfinity Internet service tier of your choice, and fill out the enrollment form. Please ensure the information submitted on your National Verifier form matches the information submitted on your Xfinity ACP enrollment form.
iii) Get approved
The service provider will review your completed application and let you know whether you are approved via text message, email, or regular mail. If they require any documentation, the quickest way to submit is to take a photo with your smartphone and upload it directly to the application.
iv) Get online and install
If your Internet essentials application is approved, you can have a home Internet installation connection in five to seven business days. You can find a step-by-step guide included with your Internet device, which you will use to set up your internet service. If you have any inquiries and complainants, always contact Comcast customer support.
You will enjoy an exceptionally affordable internet connection and a TV package if everything is okay. If you want to know about other low-income cable TV providers, read our article on the cheapest TV and internet packages.
Comcast’s Low Income Cable TV Deals For Subscribers
Since some customers are not interested in the internet only need Comcast low-income cable TV, the article presents details on their TV packages below.
1) Xfinity Basic Plan – Flex
The good thing about the plan is that it is included with your Internet. You receive Comcast 4K streaming TV box + Voice Remote at no extra cost and return anytime. Flex allows you to enjoy 20,000+ hours of movies and shows with Peacock Premium, which is included. The features of this plan include:
- Easily search across Peacock and subscriptions like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and HBO without switching apps or TV inputs.
- Easy setup as you only need to plug into your TV, connect to your Internet, and start streaming.
- Rent popular movies that are on-demand, like at-home theatrical releases
- Prime Video, HBO, YouTube, Peacock, Netflix, Hulu, AMC +, STARZ, CBS All Access, ESPN3, EPIX, and more
- iHeartRadio, XITE, NPR One, Cheddar News, Spotify, Pandora, and weather
2) Xfinity Cable TV Plan – X1
Consider Xfinity’s new X1 plan if you need to experience the great that Xfinity has to offer. The plan is still extremely affordable at $40 per month on top of your Internet Essentials. Effortlessly control it all with a Voice Remote, and watch on the Xfinity Stream app. You can enjoy streaming apps, including Peacock, on your TV. The main features of the plan are as below;
- Streaming apps & music in one place
- Peacock Premium included at $4.99/mon value
- 100s of channels, DVR, 4K Ultra HD
- Free shows & movies On Demand
- Get to kick back with exclusive Originals, mega-hit movies, shows, and more on Peacock and stream your YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and NPR One.
- Voice commands, TV guide, and Voice Guidance in English and Spanish
At this point, you have all you need to know about Comcast’s low-income cable TV. You have noted that in 2022 the most affordable TV plans are online ones, which you can leverage through Xfinity’s Internet Essentials, Comcast’s low-income internet plan. That means you can use the Comcast Flex plan free of charge. In addition, you got informed that apart from the Xfinity Internet Essentials plan, Comcast does not provide any low-income cable TV choices.