Tello Mobile is a highly growing no-contract mobile and wireless service provider in the US. It offers flexible and consumer-friendly services alongside affordable plans, reliable nationwide coverage, and diverse Tello compatible phones. Besides, this carrier supports a BYOP (bring your phone) program, which enables customers to use Tello’s services with their current phone from another carrier.
However, if you plan to become a Tello customer and decide to bring your own cell phone to their network, it is advisable to know if or not your mobile phone will operate with their services. You can land the best deals on cell phones right now during the switching process. In this guideline, you will get more information on phone everything about Tello compatible phones. Stay put!
Moreover, Tello compatible devices feature several new and refurbished iPhones, Android phones, and flip phones. Besides, their selection has few flagship models and older phone versions from Motorola, Alcatel, LG, and Samsung. Even though the new phone selection is limited, you can get more affordable cell phones and plans. Tello provides a 5G network, and it runs on T-Mobile, which currently provides the largest and most reliable network in the US.
What Phones Are Compatible With Tello Mobile? CDMA or GSM?
The below are the types of phones compatible with Tello that can get enrolled to Tello Mobile:
- Any GSM mobile device contract-free with the current carrier and VoLTE compatible will function with Tello.
- All the phones purchased directly from Tello are compatible with Tello’s services. You can select a high-quality device from various reputable brands at Tello phones.
- Other unlocked iOS and Android smartphones may work with Tello. Some of the said models include iPhone models 6 to SE and Nexus 5 to 6P.
However, unlocked and compatible phones are pretty different; hence ensure you check the compatibility of your existing and new phone at Tello.
What Are Tello Mobile Compatible Plans
Cell phones service is not complete without the mention of plan packages that include cell phone plans with free phones. Therefore, Tello Mobile is known for providing a large variety of flexible plans, which enable users to select the plan that matches their needs. Besides, Tello customers can choose from one of Tello’s ready-made plans or customize their own plans.
Ready-Made Plans Include:
i) Economy Plan
Economy Plan features unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 1 GB of data. The price goes for $7.5 per month for the first six months, and later $10 per month.
ii) Value Plan
Value Plan features unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 2 GB of data. The price goes for $10.5 per month for the first six months and later $14 per month.
iii) Smart Plan
Smart Plan features unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 4 GB of data. The price goes for $14.3 per month for the first six months and later $19 per month.
iv) Data Plan
The Data Plan features unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and unlimited data. The price goes for $29.3 per month for the first six months and later $39 per month.
Build Your Own Plan Include
The option to customize your own plan enables customers to select between data amount and the number of minutes plus texts.
- You can choose either one of the following options for the data package, including no data, 6GB, 4GB, 2GB, 1GB, 500MB, or unlimited data.
- For the minutes and texts, you can select from the following options: no minutes, 100 minutes plus free text, 300 minutes + free text, 500 minutes + free text, or unlimited minutes and free texts.
- However, the cheapest two options include no data, 100 minutes plus free text, or no minute plus 500 MB of data. The two options each cost $3.8 per month for the first six months and $5 per month later.
On the other hand, the most costly data, minutes, and texts combination features unlimited data, unlimited minutes, plus free texts. This plan is similar to the ready-made Data Plan, and the price is $29.3 per month for the first six months and later on $39 per month.
How to Bring Your Own Tello Mobile Phone
Whether your device is compatible with Tello or not, the phone needs to be unlocked for you to bring it over to Tello Mobile. You can use the device checker to check for compatibility only, and you must ensure that your phone is unlocked. However, bringing your own phone to Tello is a simple process that can earn you free cell phone service for life unlimited everything. You have to observe the easy steps below:
1st Step 1: You must check your phone’s compatibility at Tello bring your own phone by submitting your phone’s IMEI or ESN number.
2nd Step 2: After you have provided your IMEI or ESN number, follow the prompts.
3rd Step 3: Buy a Tello SIM kit.
4th Step 4: Immediately, you get your Tello SIM kit, switch off your phone, and carefully input the SIM card.
5th Step 5: Activate your Tello service.
How to Activate Tello Mobile Service?
Tello activation steps depend on whether you opt to bring your own phone (BYOP) and only buy a Tello GSM SIM kit or if you have purchased a new Tello phone.
For BYOP customers, follow these steps:
- Purchase the Tello GSM SIM kit on Tello’s website or Amazon.
- When the package comes, visit Tello’s website, sign in to your account, and proceed to ‘Activate SIM’ (tello.com/activate).
- Put the required data and follow the prompts.
- Once the activation process is complete (it can take up to 20 minutes), wait for five more minutes and then input your Tello GSM SIM card into your switched-off phone then, turn on the phone.
- Follow any given on-screen prompts and the phone should automatically work with Tello.
On the other hand, if the phone does not activate automatically, you can wait 30 minutes, reboot your phone and try again. You can also activate your phone manually through the steps listed in the FAQ section at Tello.
After activating your Tello service, you can port in your existing phone number and enjoy a free phone without paying anything by filling a port-in through the following steps.
How To Bring Your Current Phone Number To Tello?
Transferring your number to Tello is cost-free, fast, and easy, but it must get carried out via your online account only for security reasons.
- Firstly, you must ensure that you have received and successfully activated your new Tello GSM SIM in your online account.
- If you have not activated it already, follow the above steps to activate the service.
- Immediately you have activated the Tello GSM service, follow the steps below to start the number transfer process.
- You can submit your number transfer request directly from: Tello account port in.
- (The port in the form only becomes available and visible after a complete SIM activation.)
- Enter the phone number you want to transfer and tap “Check”- If the number is eligible for porting, you will get prompted to fill in the port-in details and follow the prompts.
Notably, if you have not done so already, you will have to contact your current provider to get the following information directly from them:
- Account number from existing provider
- PIN from existing provider
- Your address as listed on the phone bill
- First name and last name as listed on the phone bill
- If the number to port is a landline, the last four digits of your Social Security Number
However, depending on your current provider, it can take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 working days for regular mobile numbers and up to 5 working days for landline and VOIP numbers for the port in the process.
If you provide invalid information and you do not correct it within 3 business days, Tello may cancel the port request. Immediately the port in request gets submitted, any notification concerning the port in status will get forwarded to the email address you registered with Tello.
For a New Tello Phone Purchase, Follow These Steps:
When your cell phone package arrives, unpack the phone, charge it thoroughly, and don’t switch it on.
- Navigate into your online Tello account and proceed to tello.com/activate.
- Submit the required data and follow the prompts. The 14 or 15-digit activation code asked for is printed on the box of the phone.
- Immediately the activation process completes, which can take up to 20 minutes), wait for five more minutes, and then switch your fully charged phone on.
- Follow any given on-screen prompts, and the phone should automatically work Tello.
For the Tello compatible phone, you can either bring your own phone or buy a new device from Tello. You can purchase a Tello cell phone on Tello’s official website (tello.com/phones). Interestingly, all the given phones are Tello GSM compatible, unlocked, and ready to become activated with Tello service. You need to choose the device you love, put it in the shopping cart, and proceed to check out.