Q Link Wireless is among the carriers in the US at the forefront to help individuals who are currently facing challenging times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In collaboration with the qlink ebb program, the Federal Communication Commission has made it public that they shall offer the new Emergency Broadband Benefit as a package of the COVID-19 relief effort.
Interestingly, through the EBB, Q Link will avail its consumers of free and unlimited talk, text, and data. Furthermore, the good news is that qlink wireless free tablet applies to those qualifying members or households. If you are an EBB-eligible customer, you will get a one-time device discount towards purchasing a new tablet. Notably, this is a limited-time offer, and it’s subject to product availability.
Most importantly, the discount for desktop computers and laptops will continue to spark a positive impact even after this temporary discount program ends. The qualified members will get services on T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G LTE/5G network. However, when you get approved, you will be sent a new SIM Card that you will have to insert and activate to gain access to the network.
Qualification For The EBB
You are eligible for the EBB through participation in similar government programs as Lifeline. You can qualify for the EBB with Q Link Wireless if one individual in the household meets any of the following:
- Low income at or below 135% federal poverty level, or if you are currently unemployed.
- Participation in SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Veterans Survivors Pension Benefits Fund, Federal Public Housing Assistance, and more
- Depending on free and reduced-price school meals
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Suffered a massive risk in income as a result of job loss or layoff since February 29, 2020, and gross household income is at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
Moreover, the EBB-eligible customers will benefit from a one-time, non-transferable device discount to acquire a new ebb free tablet that will help navigate these challenging times. However, the tablet is not free of charge, and eligible customers will have to pay a $10.01 co-pay fee for the EBBP device discount.
On the other hand, the EBB program and device discount apply to one discount per household. Besides, if you are eligible, you can also get EBB-supported broadband service from any participating wireless provider. You can choose your favorite subscriber, and you can switch your Emergency Broadband Benefit to another provider anytime.
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Description
Enrolment for the EBB program follows the same qualification criteria as for Lifeline Service. The Universal Service Fund funds this program, and you can visit Qlinkwireless lifeline-eligibility for details on Lifeline eligibility.
Additionally, applicants for the Q LINK Lifeline Program must submit an application form, attach supporting documentation showing that they meet the eligibility requirements, and convince, under penalty of perjury, that they:
- Must be qualified for and currently gets benefits from the federally supported program(s) identified in the application form or qualify through income.
- Do not recently receive Lifeline service from another provider, and their household is not receiving a Lifeline benefit.
- Agree to terminate their current household Lifeline Program with any other provider to sign up in the Q link Lifeline Program if currently engaging in a Lifeline program.
- Will notify Q link Wireless on 1-855-754-6543 if they no longer qualify for any federal assistance programs stated in the application form.
- Will alert Q link Wireless of any change of address on 1-855-754-6543 within thirty (30) days of relocating.
- Reviewed the information in their application and certified that it is accurate with utmost faith and beliefs.
- Certify eligibility to access Lifeline benefits and will notify Q link Wireless if and when no longer qualified.
Benefits Of Emergency Broadband Benefits
The EBB or Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a limited-time program that offers discounts for monthly broadband Internet service up to $50, or up to $75 on every qualified household on Tribal lands) and up to $100 on specific connected devices. However, the EBB Program discounts are funded by the US Government’s Coronavirus relief effort and administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
If you qualify to participate in the EBB Program, your Lifeline and EBB benefits will get applied, so you receive Unlimited data, talk, and text Free of charge every month while the program remains running. The Emergency Broadband Benefit device discounts and monthly service are not transferrable from one individual to another. Only the eligible household is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount.
Additionally, you may continue to get your current Lifeline plan without enrolling in the EBB Program. The eligible subscribers may obtain EBB-supported broadband service from any participating provider of choice, and you can transfer your Emergency Broadband Benefit to another provider at any time. However, EBB shall transmit your consent to participate in the EBB program and all necessary information to verify your identity and eligibility and complete your EBB enrollment to the Universal Service Administrative Company.
If you authorize Q link to apply for, determine eligibility, enroll in and seek reimbursement of EBB service and device benefits. Plus, allow them to collect, use, share and retain your personal information. Suppose Q link establishes eligibility for and enroll in the Lifeline program; you grant full access to your:
- Full name
- Cell phone number
- Full residential address
- Date of birth
- Eligibility criteria and status,
- Last four digits of the social security number
- The start date for the ebbp service discount, among other details.
Q Link Wireless offers EBB and Lifeline service to those low-income Americans to enable them to have cell service and internet access for basic communication needs. On the other hand, the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a limited-time program offering discounted monthly broadband internet services and specific connected devices, including free tablets.
The program is led by the FCC and gets funded by the US government’s COVID-19 relief efforts. If you are fit for this program, you will receive unlimited data, talk, text, plus a new tablet if you are an eligible customer.