Among the critical providers of free government phones, SafeLink Wireless is one of the carriers that comes to the minds of many Lifeline service customers. This telecommunication company provides SafeLink Wireless free phones and services to eligible low-income households.
However, you must prove your eligibility status by providing copies of the relevant documents per Federal government guidelines. In this forum, you will familiarize yourself with the prerequisite necessary to get a SafeLink Wireless free phone.
Through the newly launched Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and the Lifeline assistance, SafeLink Wireless customers can qualify for a free government phone. ACP is a federal government-sponsored program managed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
The program ensures connectivity to eligible low-income cell phone services. Most importantly, SafeLink Wireless free phone beneficiaries connect to jobs, virtual classrooms, critical healthcare services, and many more tasks. Moreover, all new SafeLink Wireless subscribers must demonstrate that they are eligible for the government programs. You may verify your free phone program eligibility through a state database in some states.
Alternatively, you can submit proof of eligibility by demonstrating that you meet the income or program participation eligibility where a database is unavailable. When applying for a free government cell phone from SafeLink, proceed to safelinkwireless.com/info Home and input your home zip code in the box provided.
Qualification For A SafeLink Wireless Free Phone
SafeLink Wireless offers for their subscribers to get free cell phone plan through some crucial program. In the following, we mention those program to make your eligibility smoothly.
Through The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The ACP is a recent program that replaced the expired EBB, and it’s available to SafeLink customers who qualify through income or whose household has at least one member receiving benefits from any of the following programs.
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for (WIC) Women, Infants, and Children.
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Federal Free & Reduced School Lunch or Breakfast Program
- Federal Pell Grant
Additionally, some states feature extra eligibility under the following Tribal programs.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- (Tribal TANF) Tribally-administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal Head Start (only those households attaining its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
On the other hand, households not participating in the above programs can still qualify if their household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Benefits of SafeLink Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Generally, if you attain any of the above requirements, you can proceed and apply for SafeLink free cell phone benefits. The following are some of the privileges you can enjoy upon qualifying for SafeLink Wireless service.
- Free unlimited text and calls to Mexico and Canada
- 25GB of high-speed data every month
- A free government smartphone
- 5G Hotspot data
Through The Lifeline Program
Not every person qualifies for lifeline assistance, and having a job does not hinder you from getting Lifeline Assistance. You are eligible if the gross household income lies at or below 135% of the Federal Government Poverty guidelines.
However, you are eligible to receive free cell phone service if you get benefits from one or more of the following government-aided programs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Supplementary Security Income (SSI).
- Public Housing Assistance.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- National School Lunch Program’s Free School Lunch.
- Supplementary Security Income (SSI).
- Food Stamps.
Application For A SafeLink Wireless Free Phone
If you qualify to apply for SafeLink government phones, you can use SafeLink’s website. However, to apply for the Lifeline program or ACP program, you will need to enter details such as
- Your home phone number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
Your social security number acts as a reference to verify if you are currently getting any government benefits. If your application gets a nod, you can receive your phone within five to ten working days. The phone gets delivered to you using US-registered mail.
Documents Required To Apply For SafeLink Wireless Service
You should submit an application form to qualify for the SafeLink affordable connectivity program (ACP) and the Lifeline program benefits. However, the form entails several steps, one being showing eligibility proof. Herein, you must attach copies of documents to show that you are eligible for the SafeLink assistance program. The eligibility documents include:
- SSI cover letter.
- Federal Pell Grant letter
- Tribal, state, or federal tax return
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
- Medicaid Card
- The Tribal Head Starts approval letter
- Government-issued ID
- Workers Compensation Statement
SafeLink Wireless Free Phone Application Process
To apply for a free phone through the SafeLink Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you must first confirm whether you qualify. Then, if you meet the eligibility qualification discussed in this guideline. If yes, you can initiate the application process through the simple steps:
- Proceed to the SafeLink Wireless enrollment page.
- Input the zip code and click on “start.”
- On the application form, submit your name, social security number, date of birth, email address, and “Continue.”
- On the next page, submit the valid home address details, which include your street name and number, city, and state, and press “Continue.”
- Afterward, attach your eligibility proof.
- Submit your device details
- Review your application and submit
- Wait for approval and enjoy your benefits.
Check Application Status For SafeLink Wireless Free Phone
Enroll for the SafeLink Wireless today and receive free smartphones (some states) and 350, 500, 750, or unlimited free monthly voice minutes, including unlimited text messages plus 4.5GB of data.
However, Californians can enjoy Unlimited minutes and texts with 6GB of data each month. The fastest method to enroll in a free government cell phone program through SafeLink Wireless is to apply on the company’s website at safelinkwireless.com. Additionally, you can start the enrollment process by contacting the Safelink Wireless customer service number at 1-800-723-3546 for enrollment and plan changes support.
Besides, an applicant can forward the application through mail to SafeLink Wireless, PO Box 220009, Milwaukie, OR 97269-0009. Then, after you submit your SafeLink Wireless application form, it will go through to the national verify for verification and approval.
However, the confirmation and approval process will take a few business days. If not yet approved, you can confirm the status of the SafeLink Wireless application through the SafeLink Wireless official site, and press on “check your service status.”
On the site, input your enrollment number and date of birth and click on “continue.” Follow the prompts to check the application status for your SafeLink Wireless free phone.
SafeLink Wireless is among the largest telecommunication company issuing eligible low-income US citizens government-free phones and Lifeline service assistance. However, you can qualify based on income or program participation.
On top, you must prove your eligibility by following the discussed criteria by submitting copies of the documents. Through SafeLink Wireless’s free phone program, qualifying customers get discounts on free monthly texts, talk, and data. In summary, if you qualify for SafeLink Wireless, you will get free cellular service and a free cell phone with no contracts and no bills.